13 March 2020

7. Stage 1-March 2020 Down the Hill from the High Trestle

I made track support to bring the upper line down from the low end of the High Trestle to the level of the lower line.
Originally it was 4.8 Metres (16 Ft) in length with a 255mm (10 inches) drop over the length  which gave a 5% grade.


Downhill Side View Original

Downhill Length Original



After thinking  about the 5% grade and decided that it may be to steep, so I extended the horizontal to 6.1 Metres (20Ft ) with the same drop of 255mm (10 inches) this gave me a grade of 4.1% which should be OK.

Downhill Side View Extended

Downhill Side View Extended
Because the support rails are in between fence posts I had to put in a small post between the fence rails, I use some galvanized C Purlin to do it.


Purlin Post
Back to Construction Logs

No comments: