I have divided the construction of the railway into 6 separate stages.
Stage 1; runs across the "Back Fence" of the garden around the "Corner" (via a couple of trestle bridges) then down the "Side Fence" (which runs the full length of the house block, but only a small part is used). This involved bringing the "Upper Level" track down to the same level as the "Lower Level" where they enter 'Coleus Corner'.
Stage 2; takes the two tracks across the yard on a "table" which is all flat so that structures and sidings can be built on it. It involves making a lift up bridge, across a gap left to allow access to the inside of the loop, between 'Coleus Corner' and the 'table'.
Stage 3; involves extending "the table" and putting in benchwork across the front of the shed to carry the lower loop after it runs through a "town area" to close it.
Stage 4; takes the track that came down in Stage 1 back up to "Upper Level". There is a smaller area to achieve this when compared to the "Corner" with the high trestle across it, a Spiral/Helix was considered but eventually one was not required to achieve this.
Stage 5; Is planned to be a small loop to try and give the impression of a sugar cane tramway that will feed a sugar mill precinct that is planned to be a Center Point of the industrial area.
Stage 6; is a planned to be a loop through the shed running under the HO layout that will allow trains stored in the shed to be loaded onto the track or be used to store trains in a ready to run position and bring them out to the mainline.As each milestone in the construction is reached I write a new post which summarises what has been done, they will be an ongoing record of developments on the railway.
1. Stage 1- August - October 2019 G The Beginning of the Railway
2. Stage 1-October to November 2019 Supports Construction
3. Stage 1-November to December 2019 Lower Level Around the Corner
4. Stage 1-January 2020 Starting the High Trestle
5. Stage 1-January 2020 The High Trestle Reaches Halfway
6. Stage 1-January 2020 The High Trestle is Finished
7. Stage 1-March 2020 Down Hill from The High Trestle
8. Stage 1-March 2020 The Low Trestle
9. Stage 1-April 2020 A walkway and safety rail is fitted to the high Trestle
10. Stage 1-April 2020 Stage 1 is Complete
1. Stage 2-May 2020 Stage 2 begins with Coleus Corner
2. Stage 2-May 2020 Inside the Loop Landscaping started
3. Stage 2-May 2020 Lattice Fence extended across the yard from Coleus Corner.
4. Stage 2- May 2020 Lift Up Bridge Work Begins
5. Stage 2- May 2020 The Lift Up Bridge is Redesigned
6. Stage 2- May 2020 The Lift Up Bridge is Redesigned Again
7. Stage 2- June 2020 The Lift Up Bridge Rail Decks are Built
8. Stage 2-June 2020 Baseboards Across the Yard completed
9. Stage 2- June 2020 Lift Up Bridge Finished; Stage 2 is Complete
1. Stage 3- June 2020 Stage 3 is Commenced
2. Stage 3-June 2020 Stage 3 Base Framework Built
3. Stage 3-July 2020 Framework is Complete
4. Stage 3-July 2020 Lower Loop Baseboards are Installed
5. Stage 3-July 2020 Lower Loop Baseboards Finished; Stage 3 is complete
1. Stage 4-July 2020 Lower Loop is now Continuous