16 September 2020

1. Stage 4 16 September 2020 Upper Loop Construction Begins

Construction that takes the line that came down via the "High" trestle back up "Uphill" to where it started has commenced.

To save timber I cut a steel C purlin so it formed a "ramp" of sorts that carries the track up to a point where it curves and rises up to a bridge which after it crosses will again curve and rise till it gets back to the Upper Level.






At the moment all track components have been "roughed in".






I had to join 2 pieces of track part way through the curve and to stop a kink at the joint I soldered the joiners in place to give added strength (I have used this method in HO and it worked well).

 


I have some artificial turf offcuts and I have placed a piece against the "ramp" to hide it, I will contemplate using more if I can work it into the scenery.


No comments: