7 April 2020

10. Stage 1-April 2020 Stage 1 is complete

Stage 1 of the layout is now complete.

The High Trestle was completed, the Low Trestle was installed 

Baseboards across the back fence and down the side fence were installed.  
The silver bridge was removed after it was discovered that the deck was bent in the middle which gave a 21mm height difference between the middle and one end, plus while I was looking at it from a scenery point of view I could not think of a reason for it to be where it was.

Silver bridge that was removed

Baseboards down side fence

Down hill baseboard along side fence

After the installation of the baseboards they were painted with a paving paint and then the track was laid down.

Tracks across the Back Fence with Silver Bridge removed
Tracks down side fence
 After the track was laid some trains were run to check the integrity of the track on both the High and Low Trestles.  
I used the two largest Locos I have, a Bachmann 2-8-0 Consolidation (it has the biggest overhang) and a Bachmann 55 Ton 3 Truck Shay, for the High Trestle and my Cane Diesel and Side Rod Diesel for the Low Trestle all performed flawlessly. 
This justified  the extra time I took to get the track just right across the bridges.


Checking the High Trestle track
2-8-0 Consolidation


3 Truck Shay


Cane Diesel checking the Low Trestle

Side Rod on Low Trestle
I did do a bit of scenery and I still have to complete the rest but that is for another time.

Drama unfolds between the trestles
Skippy watches on
Back to Construction Logs

No comments: